About Me

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
I don't endorse any brands for money. I am just genuinely passionate about products that work well and are worth investing on. I was inspired to blog because I have found so many advice and tips that have helped me greatly through reading blogs. Now it is my time to give back by sharing my secrets and great finds :D. I hope it helps you too :)

Friday, 31 May 2013

Vivid Food Adventure: Umi Kaiten Zushi

I was only aware of Umi Kaiten Zushi when I was invited by my friend to eat there because she had a voucher which gave us 25% off the total bill which was about to expire. I had little expectations and an extremely empty stomach (I had a busy day at work).
Location: Shop 1, lower ground floor of the Sydney Central building (477 Pitt Street). It was a little challenging to find (since I'm terrible at operating Google maps on mobile).
We sat in the sushi train area instead of the dining tables, facing the fish and observing the talented and comical sushi chefs.


The sushi was bursting with flavor, the consistency/texture was perfect, I dare say this was the best sushi I've ever had! The fried fish was yummy as well. I was so busy eating, I forgot to take pictures of all the dishes haha! No complaints whatsoever! My personal favorites were salmon and scallop. Here was some photos I managed to take:




While I was eating sushi and observing the various dishes travel around the train, I saw my favorite dessert: Black Sesame. I'm a sucker for desserts with black sesame so I grabbed some black sesame pudding. I was so happy because I haven't had black sesame dessert in ages! It definitely satisfied my craving! :)   
I ate way too much for my liking (I sense a winter weight gain coming) but I was extremely happy with my dining experience and good service. I will be coming back for more in the near future :). 
In addition to dining at Umi Kaitzen Zushi, I attempted to burn the calories by walking to Circular Quay to check out Vivid Sydney 2013. 









Umi Kaiten-Zushi on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. Hi ,

    Your first posts just appeared on Urbanspoon! Check it out:
    http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/70/752323/restaurant/Sydney/Umi-Kaiten-Zushi-Haymarket
    http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/70/1545734/restaurant/CBD/Menya-Mappen-Sydney

    I encourage you to claim your blog, which allows you to add a picture and change some settings. The blog photo shows up next to your posts wherever they appear on Urbanspoon. Here's how to claim:

    - Make sure you're logged into Urbanspoon

    - Go to your blog page on our site: http://www.urbanspoon.com/br/70/11092/Sydney/Miscellaneous-Adventures.html

    - Click "Claim your blog" in the left sidebar

    After you submit it, we may contact you to verify your claim. Check your spam email folder if your claim hasn't gone through in a day or two. You'll also find some interesting badges and widgets on your Urbanspoon blog page - look in the right sidebar.

    If you have any questions, please contact me via email.

    Thanks,
    Greg

    www.urbanspoon.com

    --
    greg(at)urbanspoon(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I just approved your blog claim. Now your Urbanspoon profile picture is displayed on your blog page. You can upload a blog-specific photo if you prefer, and can change a few other blog settings there. Also, if you vote for a restaurant that you've reviewed on your blog, we now show your vote next to your post everywhere on our site.

    http://www.urbanspoon.com/br/70/11092/Sydney/Miscellaneous-Adventures.html

    Best,
    Greg

    www.urbanspoon.com

    --
    greg(at)urbanspoon(dot)com

    ReplyDelete